March is Women’s History Month, and a great time to draw motivation from the words of inspiring women. These 10 quotes have some real wisdom on leadership. What wisdom would you share with others?
- A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.
— Rosalynn Carter
- One’s philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes…and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility. — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” — Alice Walker
- I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” — Helen Keller
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
— Maya Angelou
- An important attribute of success is to be yourself. Never hide what makes you, you. — Indra K. Nooyi, CEO, PepsiCo
- Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.
— Mae Jemison, astronaut
- The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself. — Anna Quindlen
- If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.
— Margaret Fuller
- If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person, just as you were helped. — Melinda Gates
If any of these quotes inspired you, pay it forward by sharing them with others. And take a few minutes to think about one pearl of wisdom you have gained from your own experience.